|Date Posted||6 January 2022|
Investrust Bank Plc (IBP) is looking for suitably qualified, vibrant and self-motivated individuals to fill the positions below that have fallen vacant:
Position Title : Operational Risk and Business Continuity Officer
Department: Risk and Compliance
Location: Head Office
Reports to: Risk Manager
Purpose of the Job
The Operational Risk and Business Continuity Officer provides support to the Manager Enterprise Risk Management in all aspects of the enterprise-wide risk management programs and strategies. This position also develops and implements the Bank’s Business Continuity Strategy plans and strategies to ensure the Bank is adequately prepared to manage disasters, sudden changes and preventable risks with minimal disruptions. Additionally, the job holder coordinates disaster recovery initiatives to avoid failure to execute its mission or provide the required services.
- Provides oversight of risk events, analysis of root causes, patterns identified, validation of corrective actions and procedural updates.
- Captures and reports operational losses in the business through key risk management tools such as Risk Control Self-Assessment.
- Conducts the assessment, monitoring and management of operational risks throughout the business chain of IBP.
- Determines the events that could have adverse effects on the Bank and maintains the operational risk register.
- Institutes operational risks analysis procedures which systematically analyse and document risks and the controls which manage them, helped by the statement of key risk indicators.
- Participates in maintaining surveillance on business activities throughout the IBP banking activities to detect and prevent frauds, forgeries, cybercrimes, etc.
- Analyses relevant information to assess the likelihood of a particular event occurring and its implication and the materiality of any possible loss.
- Determines what level of operational risks is acceptable in each business process and takes measures to ensure that the risks are maintained within such limits.
- Assists supervisor in establishing management information process for reporting control breaches and/or participates in monitoring performance trends for the Bank and responding to adverse audit reports.
- Maintains various contingency plans in case of emergencies, so that the information and records of the Bank are not destroyed and can easily be retrieved.
- Design and implement disaster recovery programs and manage the Disaster Recovery Centre.
- Initiate and nurture relationships with the relevant stakeholders to ensure the Bank receives all the support required in the implementation of the Bank risk management strategies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Economics, Finance, Business, or equivalent.
- Certified Risk Analyst, Certified Enterprise Risk Manager, or equivalent Risk Management Certifications.
- Minimum three (3) years proven experience in the management of Risk and Banking or Financial at a management level in a reputable firm.
Applications, supporting documentations and CVs should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th January, 2022.