|Date Posted||11 October 2021|
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Human Resources Assistant for its Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project, operating in Western Province.
The position will be based in Mongu district.
Reporting: The position reports to the Project Manager on day-to-day operations and to the Human Resources Manager on Human Resources (HR) matters.
- Facilitate and participate in the recruitment, selection, onboarding, and off-boarding processes according to set policies and procedures
- Ensure all local contracts are attested by the local labor office
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude toward the project and organizational objectives
- Manage and track all contracts, liaise with various supervisors on way forward upon expiry of contracts.
- Ensure that leave plans for each employee are submitted at the beginning of the year/contract: Monitor leaves accruals and track all leave taken monthly. Ensure all leave applications are duly signed and filed in employee personnel files
- Ensure each employee completes and submits Time-sheets at the end of the month
- Ensure that all personnel files are updated at all times including ensuring that all audit requirements are adhered to.
- Responsible for tracking staff performance and development ensuring that all performance plans, coaching sessions recorded, and final appraisals are on file.
- Ensure that all personnel files have all necessary documentation as per the personnel file checklist.
- Be the link on Human Resources (HR) matters between the project and the national HR office.
- Minimum Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM), with valid practicing license
- At least two (02) years experience in Human Resources
- Understanding the interpretation and application of labor laws
- Competence using Microsoft applications and internal systems. Familiarity with HR information systems will be an added advantage
- Applications with a detailed CV and at least 3 referees must be received by 14th October 2021.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the name of the document.
- Applicant must indicate in the application letter, the current, or the last gross salary received.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit to these E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com
Residents of Mongu district are particularly encouraged to apply.