|Date Posted||5 November 2021|
PEAS (www.peas.org.uk) is a fast-growing charity with a mission to ‘expand access to sustainably delivered quality secondary education across Africa’. We run the fastest growing network of sustainably financed secondary schools in Africa.
Our ambition is to be true exemplars of quality education and to drive improvements across the Zambian education system.
We have a new school being constructed in Chinsali District- PEAS Kafula Musungu Secondary school. It is a grant-aided school opening in 2022 as part of the PEAS network of schools that provides quality education for boys and girls where each child enjoys an education that unlocks their full potential.
PEAS has a strict Child Protection Policy. All staff are expected to abide by this.
Peas Zambia is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position of Head Teacher & Deputy head Teacher. The candidates must have the following qualities and qualifications:
- Values-driven and passionate about PEAS’ mission to expand access to sustainably delivered quality education in Africa.
- Top level understanding and proven track record of marketing schools and partnership development.
- Thorough understanding of how schools function as business entities.
- Proven track record in improving school performance (operational, academic and financial)
- Top-level understanding of basic accounting practices.
- Ability to develop systems and business processes.
- A team player and has excellent interpersonal skills; very culturally sensitive and able to work between two cultural contexts.
- Appropriate attitudes to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and practices gained through work experience and formal education.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- The applicant for the role should hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Qualified teacher registered with The Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- Postgraduate Diploma/Degree in Education Leadership and Management, Curriculum Development, Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or a related field will be an added advantage
Knowledge / Experience
- At least 5 years’ Secondary school teaching experience in Zambia
- School leadership experience (Minimum 2 years)
- Must be familiar with the Secondary school pathways of Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ)
- Desire Top-level understanding of strategies for the improvement of teaching practices and learning outcomes.
If you are interested in these positions, please email email@example.com
Please include all portions of your application in one attached document as a PDF document and use Head/Deputy Head Teacher-Muchinga Province as the subject of your email.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only complete applications and qualified candidates will be reviewed, shortlisted and contacted.