|Date Posted||22 September 2021|
Emerging Cooking Solutions (Zambia) Limited, trading as “SupaMoto”, is a Zambian/Swedish joint venture, introducing clean burning modern cook-stoves, renewable cooking fuel pellets made from waste biomass and solar home systems. Our locally produced pellets are cheaper than charcoal and the cooking solution performs similar to a gas stove. Our solar home systems have a built-in Pay as You Go (PAYGO)-the mechanism and almost all payments for our products are made through Mobile Money. Our company has over 100 staff and is growing rapidly since our solution is unique and we are one of the first movers on a virgin market for renewable home energy. The positive environmental, socio-economic, and macro-level impact of our solutions is immense. We truly have a solution for the dilemma of rapid deforestation and disproportionately high cooking fuel costs for low-income people.
Job Title: Data Analyst Intern
Data analyst responsibilities
- Identifying data sources.
- Collecting data.
- Sourcing missing data.
- Organizing data into usable formats.
- Analyzing data to find answers to specific questions.
- Setting up data infrastructure.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining databases.
- Assessing the quality of data and removing or cleaning data.
- Generating information and insights from data sets and identifying trends and patterns.
- Preparing reports for executive and project teams.
- Creating visualizations of data in Power Bi and or Tableau, Excel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma / Degree in Data Analysis, IT / Related fields.
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills.
- Good with Excel and Google Sheets.
- Intermediate understanding of databases such as SQL, POSTGRESQL, and AWS.
- Understanding of reporting & data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau.
- Understanding of ETL framework.
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to identify trends, patterns, and insights from data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Presentation skills – ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand.
- Problem-solving skills.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made. SupaMoto (Emerging Cooking Solutions) never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender, or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
All Applications indicating the position applied for should be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than September 12th, 2021. Please do attach any academic and professional certificates at this stage.